Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend recap

This weekend was relaxing yet I'm exhausted! Friday night, I made Ava a dress for Thanksgiving! Now, I do not know how to really sew. My Great Grandparents were tailors and my Grandma Josie learned from them, my mom learned from her, and then there is me. 7th grade home-ec is about the extent of my sewing knowledge! I have watched my mom do things but never really made anything myself. I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas with hopes that it will not become a dust collector! There are so many adorable, homemade things out there that just don't compare to the massed produced. Some people are really talented! Just do a quick search on Etsy and you'll see what I mean. So I bought myself a pattern, some fabric, thread, etc. and set out to make a dress. I borrowed a sewing machine from my mother-in-law and got to it. I did have to read the sewing machine instructions on how to do the bobbin, thread the needle and so on (also consulted with YouTube on making a ruffle) but it came out pretty good for my first creation...just don't look that closely and the seams and stuff!



I can't wait to put it on my little smooshie face!

Saturday was spent shopping for a few things for Ava's upcoming 1 year old photoshoot as well as a Christmas party dress. I had a 60% off 2 items, 40% off the rest coupon for Gap so I got 2 dresses, a shirt and tights all for $41! One of the dresses was $54 on it's own so I was very excited about that deal!

On Friday when I was picking Ava up at school, I was chatting with her teacher about the weekend and I said that I wake up so early because I'm just so used to it. She was like,"what do you do when you wake up at 6:00?". Little did she know that unfortunately (maybe fortunately for them I guess), I have inherited my mom's "up early baking" disorder. So I whipped this apple cream cheese bundt cake. They all devoured it today!




Then we went to the Giants game. Pretty ugly game. We didn't get home til around 2am so that explains my extreme exhaustion today.

However, my night is not over. I'm off to get my hair cut. I hope I don't fall asleep while they are shampooing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment