Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nebulize the Mucus

Eww, how gross does that sound!  Not quite as funny as when Ace Ventura said exercise the demons.  Anyway, we are the proud new owner of this baby...
Ava's been a little congested for a week or so.  I thought it was just teething since her little speck of a tooth is finally popping up a little bit more.  This girl better get a full grill all at once or she's going to have to gum stuff for a long time!  However, for the past couple days, she's been waking up around 3 or 4 coughing really bad...like choking coughing.  I've sat up and held her while she restlessly slept and coughed and choked and cried and moaned and oh yeah, she vomited on me a few times too.  It was oh so pleasant.  I took her to the doctor today and she performed for Tatyana, our beautiful Russian pediatrician, who then told us yup, she needs a nebulizer!  And we did the first treatment right there in the office.  I sang my repertoire of songs to her as I struggled to hold that mask over her face.  I'm sure I entertained the entire office (since the walls are paper thin) especially with the Diaper Dance song!  We did it again tonight and she was a little bit better since she had the tv to distract her.  Hopefully she kicks this upper respiratory funk real fast so we can stop the nebulizer (and the vomit my whole bottle on mommy thing, too).  

And because this wouldn't be complete without a picture of the little miss, here she is in all her cupcake glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment