Thursday, September 1, 2011

28

How am I 28 already?  That's practically 30!

Yesterday was my birthday.  We had a fun little family birthday party courtesy of moi...is it sad that I basically threw myself a birthday party?  My mom actually was going to make dinner and bring it to our house but she already does so much that I figured I could just whip something up. (she did make an awesome cake and cupcakes as well as picking out all the party goods) We had a taco bar complete with Barbacoa Beef, Santa Fe Chicken, shrimp, Cilantro Lime Rice, Cuban Style Black Beans, veggies, guacamole, and all the other fixings.  It was delish!  Oh and if you don't know Gina over at SkinnyTaste, go acquaint yourself so you can be making (and eating) delicious food complete with WW points for every recipe!  *Cat's out of the bag family, it was almost all "skinny" version*

Here's a few pics courtesy of Kayla and Jada.  They are quality photographers as you will see below

family 2011
don't mind the carrots up her nose!


check out those lashes
 the 2 photographers of the evening with their fresh hair cuts!  Kayla went Halle Berry while Jada opted for a pixie.
sisterly love

cousins...this could be trouble in a few years!
 the Maxx Man...is he the cutest or what!  He'll be 1 on Sunday and I really can't believe it!
Maxx
 Miss Kara made an appearance
no pictures please...she's such a diva
There were adults there too but pictures of kids are way cuter!

Yeah, I made my own flower arrangements.  Just a little pizazz for the room.


It was a very nice night and I got some really nice gifts.  Thank you family for being so generous!

Despite what I said at the beginning, I really don't have any qualms about turning 30 in a couple years.  I feel that I'm blessed with so many wonderful things in my life right now and don't need to make a "30 things to do before I'm 30" list.  I have a wonderful husband who I love and appreciate more and more each day.  I have a beautiful, healthy, amazing baby girl who surprises me everyday with the new things she does.  Is it possible for someone to get cuter each day because she certainly does! I have amazing parents who I wouldn't trade for the world.   They have taught so much throughout my life and for that I am eternally greatful.  I have great in-laws who always support us.  Have I mentioned that I love my entire family...because I do.  I also have a great job, fabulous friends, my health, my wealth (not really but it sounds cool).  So, at 28 years young, I am very comfortable where I am.  Do I strive for more?  Always.  But hey, that's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment