Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ava's First Birthday

Ok, so Ava's now 14 months (today!) and I'm just getting around to a birthday post.  Oops!

On her actual birthday, December 26th, we had a family party at our house.  Just some dinner and ice cream cake...and a stomach bug for me!  I wasn't feeling myself all day but it didn't fully hit me til all our family was already here.  So please excuse how I look and focus on my pretty pretty princess!


again, we're terrible with family photos!

Ice Cream Cake!

Ava's Smash Cake

Maxx getting in on the cake smash action

Then we had her big first birthday party a few weekends later.  We rented a local fire house's banquet hall and, although it was a lot of work, it turned out excellent!  I had some little elves help with the setup the night before which was the best and I thank them so much!

A few shots of the setup...

play area for the kiddies

centerpieces

dessert table


yummy and gorgeous cake!

Unfortunately, Ava wasn't feeling so hot so she was like this most of the time...


But she did rally after a little nap and some food and she played with her friends!

playing in the bounce house
Ava's BFF beautiful Brielle

crazy cousins hamming it up in the photo booth

cousins coloring

Ava loves Aunt Sarah

There were a ton of people there.  We are so lucky to have such amazing friends and family that they all came to celebrate our little cupcake's first birthday!  I say I'd do it all again next year but Little Gym or one of those places where you just show up with a dozen cupcakes and they do the rest is definitely calling my name!







No comments:

Post a Comment